One of the oldest GIS 911 spatial data consultants
Making the transition from a Legacy, tabular Master Street Address Guide (MSAG) to a geographic data-based MSAG or spatialMSAG™ can be accomplished through a tested and proven six-step process to help meet the strict requirements of any 9-1-1 environment. This process has proven to reduce complexity and the risks associated with this substantial shift in 9-1-1 systems.
- First, your data needs to be evaluated, helping you make the transition from a legacy (tabular) MSAG to a geographic data-based MSAG – or spatialMSAG.
- research how to build and/or enhance and, ultimately, maintain your GIS database.
- Produce can be a very complex and labor-intensive task but well worth the effort in creating a functional and effective GIS database.
- Once your GIS database is built, it must be CLEANSED and validated to ensure it is accurate and fits requirements.
- Going live is the reward for successful completion of the Assessment, Planning, Collection and Cleansing steps.
- MAINTENANCE is an essential, ongoing process that includes continual data collection for new addresses, roads and boundary changes to ensure you maintain a comprehensive and accurate database.